The aim of the study is to provide a mixed-method theory-based evaluation to assess the impact of MUP on the alcoholic drinks industry in Scotland, as a whole and on key sub-sectors. They will use three methods:
- analysis of quantitative data, case studies
- stakeholder engagement
- qualitative interviews with small retailers in the border area.
The study reported on the baseline and initial impacts in late 2019 and will report again
in late 2022. You can download the:
- Research protocol for this study
- Frontier Economics – Evaluating the impacts on the alcoholic drinks industry in Scotland (baseline and initial impacts)
- Evaluating the impacts of minimum unit pricing for alcohol on the alcoholic drinks industry in Scotland: baseline evidence and initial impacts (briefing paper).
The membership of the Evaluation Advisory Group for this study can be found on our Evaluation Advisory Group page.