This module provides support in managing absence from work (sometimes referred to as absence management). The module highlights some of the benefits of actively managing attendance including support for staff with long-term health conditions, good practice to be adopted and a variety of valuable resources to help you implement these. You will also find out about further support available through Healthy Working Lives and elsewhere.
Target audience: The course is targeted at anyone with people management responsibilities within organisations operating in Scotland.
At the end of this module you should be able to:
- define the key components to supporting staff attendance
- describe the principles of effective attendance management
- identify the key support elements to support staff attendance
- develop your own skills and confidence to effectively support staff attendance within your organisation
- gain knowledge on the fit note – its purpose and how it can be used in supporting staff attendance
- support employees with underlying health conditions.
You need to enrol on our e-Learning platform before you can start the course. Please register and login before you start.
If you are already enrolled on the e-Learning site and have logged in, you can start the course directly.