Target audience: This module is for anyone who has or thinks they could have a role to play in identifying or raising the issue of child healthy weight.
By the end of this module you will:
- develop understanding of child healthy weight by identifying, need, motivation, barriers and potential for improving health and preventing future ill health
- critically reflect on own role and impact in relation to promoting child healthy weight and strategies for overcoming barriers
- develop motivation and confidence to competently raise and briefly discuss the issue of child healthy weight
- develop knowledge and understanding of existing services and provision to support target populations
- to apply the knowledge learnt to support individuals and families by appropriately raising the subject and choosing a suitable approach.
You need to enrol on our e-Learning platform before you can start the course. Please register and login before you start.
If you are already enrolled on the e-Learning site and have logged in, you can start the course directly.