This module builds on learning covered in module HBC Level 1 and is part of a blended learning course in health behaviour change. It provides the background theory to techniques used in supporting change. To put this theory into practice it is recommended that participants undertake skills-based face-to-face sessions offered by NHS Health Scotland accredited trainers or through equivalent training offered by their own organisation or profession.
Target audience: Those with a role in supporting patients and clients.
After completing this module you will be able to
- define the links between public health, health behaviour change and health inequalities
- understand the underlying principles for fostering a good alliance and structuring a brief intervention
- demonstrate knowledge of the potential impact of social and cultural difference on the effectiveness and acceptability of an intervention for all clients
- identify a range of health behaviour techniques and understand their application to support change within individuals and groups
- reflect on your own practice, development needs, beliefs and values.
You need to enrol on our e-Learning platform before you can start the course. Please register and login before you start.
If you are already enrolled on the e-Learning site and have logged in, you can start the course directly.