We provide a network for Local Authority education representatives who have a strategic remit to lead on and progress actions to address the cost barriers of school. It is called the Facing up to Child Poverty in Schools: Practice Network.
The network provides a structure through which peer support, the exchange of practice and national level support is facilitated. It engages with relevant national partners to exchange perspectives, enable collaboration and take action, such as
- CPAG Scotland (external site)
- Children's Parliament Scotland (external site)
- Connect (formerly Scottish Parent Teacher Council) (external site)
- Young Scot (external site)
- Scottish Poverty and Inequality Research Unit (external site).
Local level actions that the network considers and supports include
- poverty proofing school policies
- automation of school clothing grant
- provision of free sanitary products in school settings
- holiday programme provision in support of tackling food insecurity
- the implementation of our Cost of School short film and CPAG Scotland’s national Cost of the School Day Toolkit (both available above).
Email the practice network secretariat to get involved.