Every year, we set out what we are going to work on for the year ahead in our annual delivery plan. This incorporates
- our financial plan
- our workforce plan
- our Annual Review action plan
- our property assets management strategy
- what is required from us by Scottish Government through NHS Local Delivery Plan guidance.
Our core programmes of work
Since 2013-2014 our work has been grouped into five core programmes.
- The fundamental causes of health inequalities – strengthening the evidence base to support policy and decision makers to take action to reduce health inequalities.
For example, we are providing evidence to policy and decision makers on the impact of austerity and social security changes on health and wellbeing.
- Social and physical environments for health – providing evidence and guidance to ensure that the places and communities in which people live and work promote good health.
For example, we are working with partners to deliver the Place Standard Tool, a framework for the assessment and improvement of new and existing places.
- System change for health equity – strengthening the potential of public sector services to improve health and reduce health inequalities.
For example, we are providing leadership and coordination to a programme of work to maximise NHSScotland’s role in reducing health inequality.
- The right of every child to good health – providing evidence and practical tools to mitigate and prevent the impact of inequality on children’s health and attainment.
For example, we are delivering a programme of work focusing on the contribution of NHS services to preventing, reducing and mitigating child poverty.
- Organisational excellence and innovation – ensuring we are an effective organisation.
For example, we are actively engaged in the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) programme for quality improvement.
Our delivery plans are developed in the context of our Management Statement, which sets out the broad framework within which we will operate.
Working with an external Stakeholder Performance Forum, we have produced a Performance Framework against which we can measure our performance and impact.
We present an Annual Impact Report to our Board on the impact we have had as an organisation. The report includes a blend of quantitative and qualitative measures that demonstrate our impact.